Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Photo doesn´t sync all photos my newly imported photos to the Photo stream

I´v been using the photo stream since the beginning but now with the new Photo app it acts weirdly. Usually if I import photos from my camera to my macbook pro they are all pushed out to the Photo stream. This works only sometimes now. I have tried to switch of the picture stream on my devices, an Iphone 5 and a Ipad mini retina all on the latest IOS update, restarted them and tried again. I have also deleted loads of apps to make sure there is plenty of memory available. Still no luck. Yesterday for instance I imported photos twice from the same memory card but only the first import appears on my devices! Photos taken on my devices are never affected by this that part works fine, but the real pictures taken with a camera no luck. Tried to search for Photo support here on apple but I can't even find the Photo app among the Apple apps, iPhoto is there still. This is strange and very annoying. Have anyone come across this and even solved it please share it with me.

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X Yosemite (10.10.4), Late 2013

Posted on Jul 20, 2015 4:29 AM

2 replies

Jul 20, 2015 4:40 AM in response to Drtesla27

Tried to search for Photo support here on apple but I can't even find the Photo app among the Apple apps, iPhoto is there still.

The Photos for Mac forum is here: https://discussions.apple.com/community/mac_os/photos_osx/content

It is grouped with the system software, because the Photos.app is part of MacoS X.

Yesterday for instance I imported photos twice from the same memory card but only the first import appears on my devices!

Have you perhaps exceeded some limits for upload to Photo Stream?

Se: iCloud: Photo Stream limits

Jul 20, 2015 7:59 AM in response to léonie

Thanks for the try but unfortunately no solution to my problem. The limit is 1000 pictures per hour, I only imported 90 pictures. Tried to erase the streams again on my devices and I can see how it imports the picture stream again. The problem lies in the Photo app on the Macbook since it doesn't acknowledge my latest import of pictures and adds them to the picture stream. I have even tried to add them manually but it isn't possible. I can do a shared iCloud photo stream to get the pictures synced to my devices but it´s just a hassle. The main reason for using the picture stream is to post images taken with my camera on my Instagram and occasionally on Facebook.

Photo doesn´t sync all photos my newly imported photos to the Photo stream

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.