Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Phone does not turn on

Phone shut down and does not turn on.

iPhone 6 Plus, iOS 8.4

Posted on Jul 20, 2015 7:58 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 20, 2015 8:01 AM

What to do if your iPhone or iPad will not turn on

9 replies

Aug 28, 2015 2:52 AM in response to Lawrence Finch

Hey Lawrence,

Just wanted to say thank you so much, I woke up this morning but my iphone 4s didn't want to. It was dead. Nothing. I tried all I knew. I knew it was charged before I went to bed so I knew it wasn't the battery. I went to the Apple community. I followed your steps. And after awhile much to my surprise after holding the two buttons as per your instructions it went on. Thank you so much for sharing that tip. You saved me this Friday morning from many headaches. I could not find a way to comment on your advice from the page I was reading but I did want to thank you.

Best regards, Debra

Sep 17, 2015 3:04 PM in response to Lawrence Finch

Hi Mr finch ,

I got home from school today and my phone was dead so I put it on charge and that was at 3:30pm it is now 22:58pm and my phone will not turn on. It is charging as the screen isn't coming up with the charger simble at the bottom. I have tried your advise but it doesn't seem to be working. My mum and dad bought me the iPhone 4s December last year and it was bought second hand so we are not sure if the grantee will still be on it, so taking it to apple store might not be an option. Please help me

Kind regards

Katie Hendy

Lawrence Finch wrote:

What to do if your iPhone or iPad will not turn on

Sep 17, 2015 3:31 PM in response to katiejhendy

What happens if you hold the HOME and SLEEP buttons at the same time? Keep holding for up to 30 seconds until something happens. If nothing happens either the phone has a hardware fault, the battery has failed, or your USB power source or the cable has failed.

If you take it to an Apple store they can test it and tell you your options. There is no charge for this service. It doesn't matter whether you are the original owner or not.

Phone does not turn on

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.