Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 5 speaker stops working after iOS 8.4

Hey guys!

I recently updated to iOS 8.4 a couple of days after its release and I've been having a lot of problems since. My iPhone 5 overheats really badly while using it and the battery drains super fast. Also, I was at a resort yesterday and put my phone in the safe they leave for you in the wardrobe. It had been perfectly fine since I updated (except for the overheating and battery) and I had listened to music during the car ride etc. I went down to the swimming pool for a couple of hours and once I tried to use my phone again, the speaker was completely muted. No ring tone alert, music, WhatsApp alert, Twitter, etc. Absolutely no noise was coming out of the speaker. It still worked fine when I made calls and when I plugged the headphones in but I couldn't get any noise out of the speaker. I tried resetting all settings from the Settings app, I tried cleaning the headphones jack, I tried plugging the headphones in and out, etc. When the headphones are unplugged and I use the volume up/volume down buttons it doesn't say "headphones" on the screen, it just says "volume." Please help? I've only experience this EVER since iOS 8.4.

Thanks.

iPhone 5, iOS 8.4

Posted on Jul 20, 2015 9:02 AM

3 replies

iPhone 5 speaker stops working after iOS 8.4

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.