Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Transferred all music to new PC, but the playlists won't import

I transferred all the songs from my ipod to my new PC via the hidden files/ipo_control method. However, some of the songs still aren't showing up on my PC. e.g. when I exported playlist from the ipod, then tried to import it to my PC, it didn't transfer all the songs....only 2 in a given playlist and tells me "all the songs could not be transferred over. What gives? All the songs were transferred over, but it's saying they're missing? Sure enough, when compare the ipod library to the library on the PC, there are some songs missing.

I want to sync my ipod (I lost my apple ID/PW when the old computer died) but I want to make sure I have ALL the files before I wipe the ipod when it syncs. If I'm exporting a playlist and it doesn't include all the songs, it leads me to believe I'll lose the songs in that playlist AS WELL AS the playlist. The playlists are fairly important as I'm a spin instructor.

Any idea how to make sure I don't lose anything?

iPod classic, Windows 7

Posted on Jul 20, 2015 7:56 AM

1 reply

Transferred all music to new PC, but the playlists won't import

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.