Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Stuck DVD drive ??

I have a 2011ish 27" imac. My son had it and he ran Windows and Mac OS. He deleted all the files and he gave it to me with just finder on it.

1. The super drive will not accept disks. Feels like there is something in the drive. CD's only go it half way at best. I tried all the usual ways to eject. It is running 10.6.8

2. My laptop is starting to fail. I did time machine backups. It is also running 10.6.8. I did a time machine restore to the imac and my applications don't work. When I open photoshop I get error 6. When I open Final cut I get the OS is not correct.

thanks for ANY help

Bob

Posted on Jul 20, 2015 8:55 AM

1 reply

Jul 20, 2015 10:18 AM in response to wodturner

If the SuperDrive will not accept discs (note correct spelling of "disc") you may need to replace the drive. You can have the original replaced if you want by either Apple or an AASP. Another option is you can get an external drive. If you opt to get an external drive I would recommend using OWC (www.macsales.com), they specialize in Macs and you can be sure the drive you select works with your Mac. They have many to offer, so selecting the right one for your needs may require a phone call to them on their toll free number.

Stuck DVD drive ??

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.