Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

All podcasts download correctly in itunes except for one.(-50) can stream from itunes, download directly from iphone, but no download from itunes. I've tried rebuilding the library from the .xml and from scratch. Same problem

All podcasts download correctly in ITUNES except one (-50 error)

iPhone 5, iOS 8.4

Posted on Jul 20, 2015 8:20 AM

5 replies

Jul 22, 2015 7:27 AM in response to fearlessdreams

Hello, fearlessdreams.

Thank you for visiting Apple Support Communities.

I understand that you are receiving and error -50 when downloading a podcast. While the article below doesn't exactly address issues downloading podcasts, the troubleshooting steps will still apply for this scenario.

If you see an alert in iTunes that says "There was an error downloading your purchased music"

Regards

Jul 23, 2015 10:55 AM in response to jason269

Jason,

That article is relevant to a generalized download issue, not my download issue that is restricted to the podcast episodes from a single provider. All other podcasts from other providers download fine to my PC in ITunes.

Also, when I enter the download URLs directly in a browser there's no problem downloading the content as MP3s outside of Itunes.

Any other suggestions?

Jul 30, 2015 6:49 AM in response to jason269

Thanks for the reply.

The problem is restricted to ALL episodes from a single provider.

I've tried the steps you''ve suggested.

I would be happy to contact Apple support, but they charge for it (even though this is some kind of problem with their SOFTWARE).

I guess I'll just join the many people who are unhappy with ITUNES, and look for alternate solutions for handling podcasts.

All podcasts download correctly in itunes except for one.(-50) can stream from itunes, download directly from iphone, but no download from itunes. I've tried rebuilding the library from the .xml and from scratch. Same problem

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.