Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

cannot delete locations on maps

Cannot delete locations on maps either on iPhone 4s or Macbook pro - have tried other suggestions but all mention bookmarks symbol in maps and I don't have it just share symbol - he

Posted on Jul 20, 2015 10:46 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 20, 2015 10:51 AM

I'm not sure about the Mac, since I don't use a Mac. However, for the iPhone, if you are referring to saved locations or recents, then you open Maps. Tap in the search bar. You should see a list and just above that, see the link Favorites. Tap on that. Look down at the bottom of the page and you will see 3 tabs, tap on the one called Recents. It will show a list of your recent searches/directions. In the upper left corner, tap on Clear. You will get a choice of Clear All Recents, or Cancel, tap on Clear All Recents. Then tap on Done. All finished.

8 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 20, 2015 10:51 AM in response to cruachan0

I'm not sure about the Mac, since I don't use a Mac. However, for the iPhone, if you are referring to saved locations or recents, then you open Maps. Tap in the search bar. You should see a list and just above that, see the link Favorites. Tap on that. Look down at the bottom of the page and you will see 3 tabs, tap on the one called Recents. It will show a list of your recent searches/directions. In the upper left corner, tap on Clear. You will get a choice of Clear All Recents, or Cancel, tap on Clear All Recents. Then tap on Done. All finished.

Oct 30, 2016 6:21 AM in response to cruachan0

A few days ago I was clearing out my prior Apple Maps destinations on my older iPhone 4s and on the main screen where you can see Recents there is a header for a section labeled "Favorites." Below that is a new address in New York and under the address is a reference to an Internet address for one of the current political candidates in the format "from Candidatexx.com." My reply here has nothing to do with politics and I've already contact Apple support to ask about this non-removable prior destination but it appears that this address in New York was possibly added if I inadvertently touched an active link on an e-mail from this political campaign. I found only one other mention of this problem in looking at Apple support and it indicated that if external street address links like this were opened in Maps the new street address could then not be deleted. All of my other recent destinations are now gone but this street address in New York shows up on the same screen which displays "Recents (Destinations)." I can't believe that there is no way to remove this external link from my phone and hesitate to do a full restore and end up having to reload all of my other personal contact to my iPhone.

cannot delete locations on maps

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.