Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Initializing Logic X Track Color Bars

Does anyone know how remove color from Logic's track bars? (i.e. return them to gray) I can easily select a track and change the color bar color using the color palette, but it doesn't have a "clear" or gray color. (And to save someone the "why would you want to do this?" reply, it's because I have a large "standard" template with a pre-created environment mixer, please no "modify your workflow" lecture, I'm an old, crusty going-on-twenty-years Logic user 😀).

MacBook Pro, OS X Mavericks (10.9)

Posted on Jul 20, 2015 12:26 PM

5 replies

Jul 20, 2015 1:23 PM in response to celebutante

I think every new Channel Strip in LPX is pre-assigned to a specific color and gray is not one of them (not available in the current Color Palette). You might have to wait until an updated Logic versions brings back a usable Color Palette (standard OSX Color Window).

Hope that helps

Edgar Rothermich - LogicProGEM.com

(Author of the "Graphically Enhanced Manuals")

http://DingDingMusic.com/Manuals/

'I may receive some form of compensation, financial or otherwise, from my recommendation or link.'

Jul 20, 2015 1:57 PM in response to celebutante

Thank you both for your speedy replies. Edgar, I suspect you're right - my template was originally created in Logic 9, hence the gray.

Eriksimon- disabling the view of the color bars IS what I ended up doing, but wasn't really what I wanted, as I still wanted the option of using the color bars. Not that big a deal though.

I do REALLY wish they'd offer the option of the old color palette though, because I had my own "system" for different types of tracks and the new palette pretty well ruins that!

Initializing Logic X Track Color Bars

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.