Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Problem verification ios 6.1.6

I have two iphones 3GS and 5. The 3gs is keep asking for the icloud password but does not accept it. when i go to the apple id settings

the password is missing. When i fill in the password it takes me to another screen for the two-step-verification. Here i can select the device to send the code to

when i click on the next button nothing happens. Is there a sollution it is the second time this is happening and i don't want to reinstall the iphone. On the iphone 5 there is no problem at all.

Thx

iPhone 3GS, iOS 6.1.6

Posted on Jul 20, 2015 12:40 PM

3 replies

Jul 22, 2015 11:08 AM in response to ram77

Hello ram77,

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities.

From your post I understand you are unable to sign in to your Apple ID which uses two-step verification. The reason this is occurring is because two-step verification requires iOS 7 or higher. Since the iPhone 3GS cannot be updated past iOS 6, it is not compatible with Apple ID two-step verification. To learn more about the system requirements for iCloud please click on the link below.

If you can't sign in to iCloud after you change your Apple ID password - Apple Support

Take care.

Jul 22, 2015 2:10 PM in response to ram77

Hello ram77,

See below for additional information concerning the requirement for two-step verification.

Two-step verification 4 iOS 7

If you don’t meet the minimum system requirements, your data is still protected by two-step verification. However, if you change your Apple ID password while you're signed in to iCloud on devices that don't meet the minimum requirements, you might see these issues.

System requirements for iCloud - Apple Support

Take care.

Problem verification ios 6.1.6

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.