Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My iPod nano has no music on it when I unplug it from my computer yet it is all there with playlists etc when it is plugged in and works fine

I recently added a new album to my iPod Nano 6th generation and when I unplugged it there was no music on it. I plugged it back in to my computer which is Windows 8 and all the music was there including the playlists and it worked fine. How can I get the Nano to work again please?

iPod nano, Windows 8

Posted on Jul 20, 2015 12:10 PM

1 reply

Jul 22, 2015 10:23 AM in response to Mrsjensmum

Hi Mrsjensmum,

Welcome to the Apple Support Communities!

I understand that while your iPod nano is connected to iTunes, you are able to see and listen to all of your music on the iPod, but once it is disconnected the iPod seems to be empty. If this is the case, I would suggest connecting your iPod to iTunes and removing all of your synced music and playlists. Do this only if you are sure your music is available in the iTunes library on your computer.

Complete this process by unselecting the Sync Music box and then choosing Apply in the lower right hand corner. Once iTunes has finished syncing and removing that content, I would suggest re-selecting the Sync Music box and choosing the content you would like back on your iPod. Select Apply again when you are ready to sync the content back on to your iPod. The attached article below outlines the syncing process as well.

Sync your iPhone, iPad, and iPod with iTunes using USB - Apple Support

Best regards

My iPod nano has no music on it when I unplug it from my computer yet it is all there with playlists etc when it is plugged in and works fine

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.