Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

On Aperture 3.4.5, places view doesn't displays the maps any more.

Aperture 3.4.5

OS X Mountain Lion 10.8.5, Mac mini 2010 2.4 GHz Intel core Duo, RAM 4 GB

On Aperture 3.4.5, Places view doesn't displays the maps any more. After an internet access outage while placing photos on a map, the maps are no longer displayed. A blank area replace the maps (satellite, route, terrain).

I rebooted the mac, rebuilt the photo library, but the problem is not fixed.

Inside a project, when trying to localize photos on a map, the problem is the same : a blank area replaces the map. The search field on the right top corner still displays some matches, but when you click on one, nothing happens.

Sometimes, a map shows up for half a second, and replaced immediately by a blank field

I have three different photo libraries, and the problem is the same on all.

I tried also to open them with iPhoto, but it's the same.

The only problems I had with Aperture are all related to Places management

Any idea to restore back to normal behavior ? Now, I cannot use Places, a key feature of Aperture !

Thank you

Mac mini (Mid 2010), OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.5), Aperture 3.4.5

Posted on Jul 20, 2015 2:19 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 20, 2015 2:32 PM

We have seen several reports of this problem recently. The maps are missing in all older Aperture versions and iPhoto versions that are still using Google maps and not the new Apple maps. In Aperture 3.5.1 and later or iPhoto 9.5.1 and later the maps are working well.

One possible explanation for the problem is, that the contract between Google and Apple expired recently. But so far we have not seen any acknowledgement by Apple that there is a problem with the maps. SO we do not know for sure, if it is caused by the end of the Google contract or a server problem like the problem with the print services for books.

See this discussion: https://discussions.apple.com/thread/7123544?answerId=28567942022#28567942022&ac_cid=tw123456#28567942

You may want to update to Aperture 3.6 and Yosemite to get the places feature working again.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 20, 2015 2:32 PM in response to MichelPasset

We have seen several reports of this problem recently. The maps are missing in all older Aperture versions and iPhoto versions that are still using Google maps and not the new Apple maps. In Aperture 3.5.1 and later or iPhoto 9.5.1 and later the maps are working well.

One possible explanation for the problem is, that the contract between Google and Apple expired recently. But so far we have not seen any acknowledgement by Apple that there is a problem with the maps. SO we do not know for sure, if it is caused by the end of the Google contract or a server problem like the problem with the print services for books.

See this discussion: https://discussions.apple.com/thread/7123544?answerId=28567942022#28567942022&ac_cid=tw123456#28567942

You may want to update to Aperture 3.6 and Yosemite to get the places feature working again.

On Aperture 3.4.5, places view doesn't displays the maps any more.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.