Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Ipod touch 5th gen will not charge!

My ipod will not charge and i have tried like 5 different lightining cable and lots of different plugins to the wall and different outlets, it still wont charge. For a whil i would have to set my ipod on a book and then weigh it down with another book to make the charger work, in other works my charger wiykd have to pulled up to charge my ipod, this worked for awhile till one day it stopped working. my ipod is completely dead so i cannot restart it or anything making me unable to even sell it. Please help.

iPod touch, iOS 8.3

Posted on Jul 20, 2015 6:02 PM

5 replies

Jul 20, 2015 6:48 PM in response to bilbobaggins12

TThat sound like the charger port in the iPod is messed up, especially if the cord had to be pulled up to charge before this and you tried many different chargers. You should make an appointment at an Apple Store For them to take a look at it. You may also want to consider a case that covers the charger port in the future if you found lots of "garbage" back there.

Jul 21, 2015 1:40 AM in response to bilbobaggins12

See what you mised here:

Not Charge

- See:

iPod touch: Hardware troubleshooting

iPhone and iPod touch: Charging the battery

If you can’t charge your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

- Try another cable. The cable for 5G or later iPod (lightning connector) seems to be more prone to failure than the older cable.

- If a 5G ot later iPod

Iphone 5 lightning port charging problem - SOLUTION!

- Try another charging source

- Inspect the dock connector on the iPod for bent or missing contacts, foreign material, corroded contacts, broken, missing or cracked plastic.

- Make an appointment at the Genius Bar of an Apple store.

Apple Retail Store - Genius Bar

Ipod touch 5th gen will not charge!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.