Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Many problems after iOS 8.4 update

I've had my iPod touch 5G, 32Gb for over a year, and after installing iOS 8.4 it's had many problems. Most I've been able to fix, others I have not.

Some I cannot work out are as follows:

- Screen sudden jumps up and down, or clicks randomly around the screen

-Front camera not working whatsoever, even after multiple system restores. The back facing camera is working normally.

And a new one today, where all my photos were suddenly delete after a soft restart of the device. It had been "Restoring" my photos for an hour, and I got some back, but I am still missing over three thousand photos. I have no idea what caused this to happen, and only found out because a photo sharing app refused to let me select a photo from my device.

I have not changed any settings on my iPod lately besides letting an app use my location.

Any help on fixing any of these issues is much appreciated, Thank You.

iPod touch, iOS 8.4

Posted on Jul 20, 2015 9:33 PM

1 reply

Jul 21, 2015 1:38 AM in response to Juliet

Try:

- Reset the iOS device. Nothing will be lost

Reset iOS device: Hold down the On/Off button and the Home button at the same time for at

least ten seconds, until the Apple logo appears.

- Reset all settings

Go to Settings > General > Reset and tap Reset All Settings.

All your preferences and settings are reset. Information (such as contacts and calendars) and media (such as songs and videos) aren’t affected.

- Restore from backup. See:

Restore your device from an iCloud or iTunes backup - Apple Support

- Restore to factory settings/new iOS device.

If still problem, make an appointment at the Genius Bar of an Apple store since it appears you have a hardware problem.

Apple Retail Store - Genius Bar

Many problems after iOS 8.4 update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.