Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

"Family sharing" sharing iCloud storage?

So, i have done a little searching through the forums, google, etc. I have found exactly what i didn't want to find and the being that you can not share your additionally purchased iCloud storage through family sharing? This just seems a little ridiculous to me. I have just bought 200GB of storage so that me and my fiancé could have complete backups of our phones on iCloud. What is the point of "family sharing" If you can't use the extra 150gb of room on your iCloud sharing between devices..

iPhone 6, iOS 8.4

Posted on Jul 20, 2015 10:07 PM

5 replies

Jul 21, 2015 11:36 AM in response to Winston Churchill

Surely there would be a very simple fix to this as in the one who is purchasing everything or "organizer" would be able to allow what could be synced to what device. Ex. If my daughter was in my family sharing i could go to her profile in my icloud settings and say yes she has access or no she does not have access to my contacts, email, photos, etc. The problem for me is the fact that you either have 20gb or 200gb no inbetween and for me to keep a backup on the cloud of my whole device then i would have to purchase 200gb to store my 47gb of info, thus leaving 153gb totally unsused and untransferable to another phone with the same amount of info, etc.

Jul 22, 2015 1:30 AM in response to JakeSarver76

Surely there would be a very simple fix to this as in the one who is purchasing everything or "organizer" would be able to allow what could be synced to what device.

Simple I'm doubtful about but time consuming certainly, I'm pretty sure the vast majority of people would quickly become fed up of having to decide which devices every new document could sync to and what about those created by a non-organiser that the non-organiser didn't want the organiser to see.

The problem for me is the fact that you either have 20gb or 200gb no inbetween.....

Yes, I see your problem, you want to save money at the cost of usability.

"Family sharing" sharing iCloud storage?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.