Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Volume tool doesn't work

Since not so long ago the Volume tool in Logic Pro X has stopped working for me. I used to be able to double click an, for example, audio file to adjust the volume. Now, however, I can't seem to get this done. Does anybody know what I'm doing wrong? It could be just me, or maybe Logic itself. I'm curious!

Thanks in advance.

MacBook Pro, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.4)

Posted on Jul 20, 2015 11:29 PM

5 replies

Jul 21, 2015 10:08 AM in response to Patrick de Vos

What is that "Volume tool" you are referring to? There is no Tool in any Tool Box named "Volume". Or do you mean the Volume Fader/Slider

Patrick de Vos wrote:

I used to be able to double click an, for example, audio file to adjust the volume.

Double clicking on an Audio Region will toggle the Editor Pane.

Double-clicking on the Volume Slider (on the Track Header) will open an Entry Box where you can enter the dB value. It works similar for the Volume Fader in the Mixer Window.

User uploaded file

Hope that helps

Edgar Rothermich - LogicProGEM.com

(Author of the "Graphically Enhanced Manuals")

http://DingDingMusic.com/Manuals/

'I may receive some form of compensation, financial or otherwise, from my recommendation or link.'

Aug 1, 2015 11:37 AM in response to Patrick de Vos

I see, you are referring to the MIDI Draw Menu. To select a Parameter to be displayed directly on the Region(s) of the Tracks Window, you have to check the following things:

• Disable the Automation View first (The Automation Button in the Menu Bar next to the FLex Mode Button), so no Automation is displayed in the Track Window
  • Select the Region(s)
  • Make sure the Track is high enough (to display the data)
  • No go to the local Menu View ➤ MIDI Draw
  • The Menu is highly dynamic and what is displayed depends on various settings/configuration
  • The menu displays two types of Volumes and Pans (MIDI Events and Fader Events), which depends on if you have the checkbox "Control Change 7/10. .." in the Project Settings ➤ MIDI ➤ General enabled

User uploaded file

SO technically what you are seeing is Region Automation displayed with the MIDI Draw tool.

Hope that helps

Edgar Rothermich - LogicProGEM.com

(Author of the "Graphically Enhanced Manuals")

http://DingDingMusic.com/Manuals/

'I may receive some form of compensation, financial or otherwise, from my recommendation or link.'

Volume tool doesn't work

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.