Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My Ipod classic is not recognised by itunes anymore?

I have had my ipod classic for approx a year now. I have had no problems connecting and syncing music from I tunes on my laptop before. When I connect my ipod now, the laptop just reads it as a hard drive? My Ipad and I phone do not have any problems connecting and my Ipod connects to other computers and is recognised by them. I have updated I tunes and the same is happening. Any ideas anybody?

iPod classic, Windows 8

Posted on Jul 21, 2015 3:04 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 21, 2015 4:34 AM

Press the WinLogoKey+R to bring up a Run dialog.

User uploaded file

Type in services.msc and press enter.

User uploaded file

Check that the iPod Service has started. If not try starting it and then connect your device.

If that hasn't helped see Removing and reinstalling iTunes and other software components for advice on completely uninstalling iTunes and all related software before a reinstall which may resolve the issue.

tt2

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 21, 2015 4:34 AM in response to Tash24

Press the WinLogoKey+R to bring up a Run dialog.

User uploaded file

Type in services.msc and press enter.

User uploaded file

Check that the iPod Service has started. If not try starting it and then connect your device.

If that hasn't helped see Removing and reinstalling iTunes and other software components for advice on completely uninstalling iTunes and all related software before a reinstall which may resolve the issue.

tt2

My Ipod classic is not recognised by itunes anymore?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.