Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Today I received a strange email about iCloud storage and service shut down dated 2013.

Today (07.21. 2015) I received an email from noreply@insideicloud.icloud.com. It seems like a bug, because I have the free 5GB subscription and it says that I have exceeded it but that's not true. It also says the Cloud backup, Documents and Mail will be shut down on September 30. 2013. And there was a link for the old MobileMe support page: iCloud: Complimentary storage upgrades for former MobileMe members expired on September 30, 2013 - Apple Support

Should I contact anyone, report to someone, or it's just a random bug in the system? Did anyone else received something like this?

Posted on Jul 21, 2015 3:30 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 21, 2015 3:39 AM

Bizarre. There were genuine emails along these lines - when MobileMe closed, members were given complimentary extra iCloud storage for a limited period, and this email warns of it coming to an end - in 2013. The sending address is genuine, and as it's apparently not asking you to 'verify' anything it doesn't look like a scam (which wouldn't imitate this message anyway). Looks like a glitch - an email sent to you that got stuck somewhere for two years ⚠.

In any event, I should just ignore it. You won't be affected in any way and there's probably no point in alerting Apple about it.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 21, 2015 3:39 AM in response to SzDani3l

Bizarre. There were genuine emails along these lines - when MobileMe closed, members were given complimentary extra iCloud storage for a limited period, and this email warns of it coming to an end - in 2013. The sending address is genuine, and as it's apparently not asking you to 'verify' anything it doesn't look like a scam (which wouldn't imitate this message anyway). Looks like a glitch - an email sent to you that got stuck somewhere for two years ⚠.

In any event, I should just ignore it. You won't be affected in any way and there's probably no point in alerting Apple about it.

Today I received a strange email about iCloud storage and service shut down dated 2013.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.