Newsroom Update

Beginning in May, a special Today at Apple series titled “Made for Business” will offer small business owners and entrepreneurs free opportunities to learn how Apple products and services can support their growth and success. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

i need to get connected to my works wifi they want my serial number and wifi address, but there are character/numbers missing, I have found all of my serial number by going to itunes but cant find the rest of my wifi address can anyone help

Hi I am trying to get connected to my works wifi and they need the serial number and wifi address that is found in the about section of the phone, thers are numbers/letters missing from both so i went to itunes and found the full serial number but not the wifi address can anyone help?

iPhone 5s, iOS 8.4

Posted on Jul 21, 2015 3:26 AM

2 replies

Jul 25, 2015 11:51 PM in response to Minx26

To find your WiFi address and the serial number for your iPhone touch the "Settings" button on your iPhone. You will see a list come up with a number of options. Select the one that says "General." You will see a new list. Touch the one that says "About." There will be another list of items. Scroll down where it says "Wi-Fi Address." That's the Wi-Fi address number you need consisting of 6 sets of two numbers each separated by colons. (yes, the letters are numbers,

Wi-Fi numbers are base 16 so A through F are considered numbers.

Right above the Wi-Fi address is the serial number for your iPhone. It is a 12 character serial number.

Good luck!

i need to get connected to my works wifi they want my serial number and wifi address, but there are character/numbers missing, I have found all of my serial number by going to itunes but cant find the rest of my wifi address can anyone help

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.