Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Just downloaded itunes 12.2.1, and i love it!! Although, I am unable to see what song is playing at the top of the screen (where is shows the duration of the song etc.) Just wondering how I can fix this!!! Thank you in advance!

Just downloaded Itunes 12.2.1, and i love it!! Although, I am unable to see what song is playing at the top of the screen (where is shows the duration of the song etc.) Just wondering how I can fix this!!! Thank you in advance!

MacBook

Posted on Jul 21, 2015 6:29 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 23, 2015 6:29 AM

Hello bethany37,

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities.

From your post I understand you are unable to see which song is playing in iTunes. Just to be clear, are you missing the entire play window as shown below?

User uploaded file

Play music, video, and more - iTunes Help

If your window doesn't look like that, then you might be using the iTunes MiniPlayer.

The MiniPlayer takes up very little space on your screen, and still lets you adjust the volume, search for songs, choose which songs play next, and more.

The MiniPlayer displays the album artwork for the song that’s playing. When you move the pointer over the artwork, controls and song information appear.

User uploaded file

You can also shrink the MiniPlayer to an even smaller size.

User uploaded file

Open the MiniPlayer: Choose Window > Switch to MiniPlayer.

View and edit a list of upcoming songs: Click the Up Next button User uploaded file.

Keep the MiniPlayer in the foreground on your desktop: Choose iTunes > Preferences, click Advanced, and select “Keep MiniPlayer on top of all other windows.”

Shrink to the smaller MiniPlayer: Click User uploaded file near the top-left corner. To expand back to the full MiniPlayer, click User uploaded file again.

Customize the iTunes window - iTunes Help

Take care.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 23, 2015 6:29 AM in response to bethany37

Hello bethany37,

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities.

From your post I understand you are unable to see which song is playing in iTunes. Just to be clear, are you missing the entire play window as shown below?

User uploaded file

Play music, video, and more - iTunes Help

If your window doesn't look like that, then you might be using the iTunes MiniPlayer.

The MiniPlayer takes up very little space on your screen, and still lets you adjust the volume, search for songs, choose which songs play next, and more.

The MiniPlayer displays the album artwork for the song that’s playing. When you move the pointer over the artwork, controls and song information appear.

User uploaded file

You can also shrink the MiniPlayer to an even smaller size.

User uploaded file

Open the MiniPlayer: Choose Window > Switch to MiniPlayer.

View and edit a list of upcoming songs: Click the Up Next button User uploaded file.

Keep the MiniPlayer in the foreground on your desktop: Choose iTunes > Preferences, click Advanced, and select “Keep MiniPlayer on top of all other windows.”

Shrink to the smaller MiniPlayer: Click User uploaded file near the top-left corner. To expand back to the full MiniPlayer, click User uploaded file again.

Customize the iTunes window - iTunes Help

Take care.

Just downloaded itunes 12.2.1, and i love it!! Although, I am unable to see what song is playing at the top of the screen (where is shows the duration of the song etc.) Just wondering how I can fix this!!! Thank you in advance!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.