Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

AutoPlay dialog box stopped automatically opening. How do I re-enable auto-import?

I have an Iphone 4s, Windows 7. Choosing Start > Computer I do NOT see the iPhone. iTunes does automatically start when I plug in the phone and it syncs. Just the auto import for pics and videos not happening. I appreciate any help.

David

iPhone 4S, iOS 7.1.2

Posted on Jul 21, 2015 7:12 AM

4 replies

Jul 23, 2015 6:57 AM in response to DavidBoston1956

Hey DavidBoston1956,

If iTunes is recognizing your iPhone correctly, but you're not seeing your iPhone in My Computer or unable to import the photos taken with your iPhone, the article linked below details a number of options for troubleshooting and alternative methods for getting your photos onto your computer.

If you can't import photos from your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch to your computer - Apple Support

However, if you're not seeing your iPhone appear correctly in iTunes, we've another article that can help get your iPhone, your computer, and iTunes to communicate properly.

iPhone, iPad, or iPod not recognized in iTunes for Windows - Apple Support

All my best

Jul 23, 2015 7:25 AM in response to DavidBoston1956

DavidBoston1956,

If your iPhone doesn't appear correctly in "My Computer" or "Devices and Printers" on your computer, there will be no prompt for Auto-Play options, as the computer doesn't properly recognize a device for which it can provide said options. The steps outlined below can help get your iPhone to properly appear in "Devices and Printers" at which point you should begin to see Auto-Play options once more.

If you don't see the camera entry in the Device Manager, test your iOS device on a different computer.

If you can't import photos from your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch to your computer - Apple Support

Cheers

AutoPlay dialog box stopped automatically opening. How do I re-enable auto-import?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.