Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

text colors in numbers won't change

I am using Numbers for my genealogy and changing text colors is a hit and miss thing. I have quit and opened colors but no luck. Does anyone else have this problem?

Mac Book Pro late 2011

OS 10.10.4

MacBook Pro (15-inch Late 2011), OS X Mavericks (10.9)

Posted on Jul 21, 2015 7:17 AM

12 replies

Jul 21, 2015 10:01 AM in response to RudyM69

Hi Rudy,

You haven't said which version of Numbers, but in Numbers '09 and Numbers 3, Menu > View > Show Colours (command shift c) will bring up the colour palette with the glorious range of colours:

User uploaded file

In Numbers 3, Format Panel > Text > Font > click on the Colour Wheel to see that.

To set a font colour, select the cells, then Format Panel > Text > Font > Colour.

Please call back with questions.

Regards,

Ian.

Jul 21, 2015 10:55 AM in response to Yellowbox

I am using Numbers 3.5.3. Table was done in this one. When I first started this table it worked fine. I closed it for a few days and now it doesn't. I've even restarted my laptop as I have to do often because the OS freezes up and can't do anything but move the curser or I can't use any browser. I do zap the pram from time to time.

Apr 14, 2016 9:36 AM in response to RudyM69

In the new Numbers version 3.6.1 the Font color is under Format > Font > Show Fonts. This opens the font table. In the fonts table click on the settings gear, then from that drop down menu select Color. The Color chart will then open and you can select a color. Have the cell selected for all characters in the cell, or just select (highlight) the word or character only that you wish to change the color of before you choose the color.

Apr 14, 2016 2:35 PM in response to RudyM69

You have text selected in a cell, and choose the Text tab on the right Numbers panel. You click the color globe, and choose RGB colors. You pick a color and your selected text obeys. Without closing the color chooser, you move to the next text cell, select the text, and click on a the same or new color. It will not change the color of the text in the cell. PITA alert!

You have to close the color chooser, and reopen it — each time that you want to change text color in a different cell. If you want to replicate the first cell color in the third cell, select the text in the first cell, and from the Format menu, choose copy style. Select the text in the third cell, and select Format menu : Paste Format.

This behavior is common with the color chooser in Pages v5.6.1, Numbers v3.6.1, and most likely Keynote v6.6.1.

text colors in numbers won't change

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.