Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Should the iPod shuffle be in the off position or on position when charging? I have left it in the off position and it has been on for 12 hours and the green light never came on(still blinking amber). Computer is on(never goes to sleep)

Should the Ipod shuffle be in the on or off position when charging? It has been in my turned on computer for 12 hours and is till blinking orange not green. The computer is on not asleep.

MacBook Pro, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.4)

Posted on Jul 21, 2015 7:41 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 23, 2015 7:15 AM

Hello lorenzod3046,

I would suggest turning the iPod shuffle to the off position when charging. The blinking amber light means that the iPod shuffle is communicating with the computer, it does not mean that the device isn't charging. Take a look at the information below:

iPod shuffle: Checking the battery charge - Apple Support
https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204428

User uploaded file
User uploaded file
User uploaded file
User uploaded file Blinking orange indicates that the unit is syncing with iTunes or that disk use was enabled in iTunes. In this state, iPod shuffle may be charging or fully charged. Check the charge status icon next to the iPod shuffle in iTunes or eject iPod shuffle from iTunes but leave it connected to USB and determine if the status light changes to solid green or solid orange.

Cheers,

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 23, 2015 7:15 AM in response to lorenzod3046

Hello lorenzod3046,

I would suggest turning the iPod shuffle to the off position when charging. The blinking amber light means that the iPod shuffle is communicating with the computer, it does not mean that the device isn't charging. Take a look at the information below:

iPod shuffle: Checking the battery charge - Apple Support
https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204428

User uploaded file
User uploaded file
User uploaded file
User uploaded file Blinking orange indicates that the unit is syncing with iTunes or that disk use was enabled in iTunes. In this state, iPod shuffle may be charging or fully charged. Check the charge status icon next to the iPod shuffle in iTunes or eject iPod shuffle from iTunes but leave it connected to USB and determine if the status light changes to solid green or solid orange.

Cheers,

Should the iPod shuffle be in the off position or on position when charging? I have left it in the off position and it has been on for 12 hours and the green light never came on(still blinking amber). Computer is on(never goes to sleep)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.