Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Hi, From last few days I am observing that the rate at which my iPad usually charges has gone down. It charges very slowly. I am using the same adapter which I received in iPad's box. But the wire which I am using has lost its covering from one end.

Hi, From last few days I am observing that the rate at which my iPad usually charges has gone down. It charges very slowly. I am using the same adapter which I received in iPad's box. But the wire which I am using has lost its covering from one end. Could it be the reason for slow charging. Wairing for some solutions to this problems...

iPad, iOS 8.4

Posted on Jul 21, 2015 9:54 AM

2 replies

Jul 23, 2015 8:44 AM in response to Kunwarvir Singh

Hello Kunwarvur Singh,

It sounds like your iPad isn't charging as it should. If your lightning bolt cable is missing its covering, you should stop using it and get a new one. It could be dangerous and could also be causing the issue. Also take a look at the troubleshooting in the following article about issues charging an iOS device.

If you can’t charge your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

1. Look at the connector at the bottom of your device and make sure it’s free of debris.
  2. If you're using a USB power adapter, make sure it's plugged in all the way and the power outlet is working. If you're connecting to a computer, make sure it's on and can charge your device. To charge an iPad, you might need to use a USB power adapter and plug into a power outlet.
  3. Try a different USB cable, USB power adapter, or USB port.
  4. If everything seems to be working, reconnect your device and wait for 30 minutes.
  5. If your device still doesn’t charge, try to restart it while it's connected to power. If you can't restart, force your device to restart.

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities.

Hi, From last few days I am observing that the rate at which my iPad usually charges has gone down. It charges very slowly. I am using the same adapter which I received in iPad's box. But the wire which I am using has lost its covering from one end.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.