Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I get a black screen on my 2nd screen

Hi, Since I got my new Mac Pro, almost every start-up of my mac,my second screen is black, The only thing I can see on it is my mouse pointer. When I push cmd+F1 it mirrors my first screen like it normally would, and then when I het cmd+F1 again it is all normal. I never had any problem with my previous Mac
I got a Mac Pro end 2013 with a 3.5 GHz 6-CoreProcessor and use OS X Yosemite 10.10.3
Any Idea on how to solve this problem?

Mac Pro

Posted on Jul 21, 2015 10:15 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 21, 2015 10:23 AM

Try resetting the SMC and NVRAM/PRAM

Intel-based Macs: Resetting the System Management Controller (SMC)

About NVRAM and PRAM

5 replies

Jul 22, 2015 2:19 AM in response to lllaass

Thank you. This seems to have solved my problem. Or it was a delayed result of the previous actions on the SMC and NVRAM/PRAM
I now did try other ports also I made the primary monitor (Eizo) my secondary, and the other my primary. After a restart it still worked fin. So I changed it back, and it kept on working fine.
The monitors by the way, are connected by thunderbolt with an thunderbolt/DVI adapter. I got an Eizo CG222W-monitor (2009) and a 20 inch Apple Cinema display (2005). If the problem returns, can it also be that one of the thunderbolt/DVI adapter isn't an official Apple adapter? I could then try to switch these.

If the problem returns I will let you know ;-) If not, thanks once again!

I get a black screen on my 2nd screen

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.