Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I have followed all the suggestions for the error code 0x80096004 and I still can't connect to Itunes store. I am using Firefox as a browser, and using windows XP

I am trying to access the I Tunes store and continue to get the error code: 0x80096004 " An unknown error has occurred, make sure you are connected

to the internet and try again." I have reset my proxy settings, checked time and date, and adjusted the settings on my firewall and security with no luck.

I am using Firefox as a browser and Windows XP, so there are no updates available

Help😕😠

iPod classic, Windows XP

Posted on Jul 21, 2015 12:27 PM

1 reply

Jul 21, 2015 12:33 PM in response to cmarfjr

iTunes for Windows requires Windows 7 or later. You would have to upgrade your PC to Windows 7 in order to use iTunes on your PC.

Windows 7 system requirements - Windows Help

• 64-bit editions of Windows 7 and Windows 8 require the iTunes 64-bit installer; for more information, visit www.itunes.com/download
  • 400MB of available disk space
  • Screen reader support requires Window-Eyes 7.2 or later; for information about accessibility in iTunes, visit www.apple.com/accessibility
  • iTunes is now a 64-bit application on 64-bit versions of Windows 8 and 7. Some third-party visualizers may no longer be compatible with this version of iTunes. Please contact the developer for an updated visualizer that is compatible with iTunes 12.1 or later
  • Apple Music, Apple Music Radio, iTunes in the Cloud, and iTunes Match availability may vary by country

This information is available here > Apple - iTunes - Download iTunes Now

I have followed all the suggestions for the error code 0x80096004 and I still can't connect to Itunes store. I am using Firefox as a browser, and using windows XP

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.