Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Remote not working

What other products do I need to purchase to make the Apple remote work on my Mac Air (new model)?

MacBook Air, iOS 7

Posted on Jul 21, 2015 11:12 AM

1 reply

Jul 23, 2015 9:27 AM in response to kyounce

Hey kyounce,

Thanks for the question. If I understand correctly, you are having trouble using the Apple Remote. I would recommend that you read this article, it may be able to help the issue.

Troubleshooting the Apple Remote - Apple Support

If you're using the remote with a computer

When you use the Apple Remote, make sure of the following:

• You are using the remote within 30 feet of the computer.
  • You have an unobstructed line-of-sight to the front of the computer.
  • You are pointing the lens end of the Apple Remote directly at the front of the computer.
  • Your computer is on and awake.
  • The "Disable remote control infrared receiver" checkbox in the Security pane of System Preferences is NOT checked.

Note: If you see "Unpair" available in the Security pane of System Preferences, another Apple Remote may be paired to your computer (pairing allows only one Apple Remote to control the computer). You may want to unpair the remote and then pair it again.

Make sure your application works with Apple Remote

If your Apple Remote doesn't seem to be working with an application on your iMac, make sure that the active application is one that can be used with the remote.

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities.
Have a good one

Apple Remote not working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.