Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why does my Music app skip every song?

Hello everyone

I was listening to music on the way home today, and all of a sudden it wouldn't play the next track. On closer inspection it was skipping through every track, regardless of whether I had pressed play or not. The majority (I would say about 90-95%) of my music is streamed from iTunes Match, but the very few downloaded songs on my phone were also doing the same thing. I tried to download a few more of the songs, but it wouldn't allow me to. It looks like it tries to connect to do so, but cancels itself.

So far I have tried the following without success:

* Closed and re-opened the app;

* Restarted the phone;

* Hard reset the phone;

* Signed in and out of iTunes Match on the phone;

* Connected the phone to my Mac and tried to run a sync or two with iTunes;

* Erased all settings;

* Restored from an iTunes Backup;

It is still skipping through every track and wont let me download. This is very annoying, seeing as I pay for things to "just work" but more often than not I'm having to spend my nights doing admin for the stuff that should just work.

What else can I try other than take it into a store, which I do not want to do as I really don't have the time to deal with Apple's clueless Geniuses.

Thanks in advance.

iPhone 4S, iOS 7.1.2

Posted on Jul 21, 2015 12:44 PM

1 reply

Why does my Music app skip every song?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.