Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iMessage no longer working

So I was using iMessage this morning totally fine, but now it no longer works, just tries to send SMS.

I have no signal in my house and that is the reason I was using iMessage in the first place.

Tried the usual, signing in and out, resetting network connections, changing the time settings from auto update. Nothing is working.

EDIT: Not working on my iPad either, is this a server issue or something?

iPhone 5s, iOS 8.4, null

Posted on Jul 21, 2015 2:33 PM

1 reply

Jul 23, 2015 12:07 PM in response to thestalosj

Hello thestalosj,

After reviewing your post, it sounds like iMessage is not working anymore, but you are still able to send SMS messages. It looks like you have already done some troubleshooting. I would recommend that you read this article, there are a few steps you did not mention having tried, that may be able to help.

If you can't send or receive messages on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

1. Restart your device.
  2. Check for a carrier settings update.
  3. Check for an iOS software update.

Delete existing conversations

If you can't send messages to a certain recipient, delete any conversations you have with them and try sending a new message.

Back up and restore your device

Use iTunes or iCloud to back up your content, then restore your device.

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities.
Have a nice day

iMessage no longer working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.