Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

IOS 8.4 issue

I dropped my phone a few weeks ago and since then I have tried to upgrade my iPhone 6 to IOS 8.4 but I keep getting two error messages initially I was able to down load the upgrade to my phone via WIFI but then I unable to complete the install.

So I called Verizon who connected me to apple support they suggested I tried to upgrade through the ITunes store and which I did but half way through the install I received an error code 53 and then error code 18. any suggestions.

The screen is lifting up at the top but it does not appear to be broken, my phone screen shows the ITunes emblem with a connecting cable but I can get any further than that.

Thanks in advance

Posted on Jul 21, 2015 2:05 PM

2 replies

Jul 23, 2015 11:46 AM in response to Rockruiter

Hi Rockruiter,

If you are unable to update your iPhone and are seeing the image below on your screen, follow the troubleshooting steps outlined in this article:

If you can't update or restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support
https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201263

Use recovery mode

You might need to use recovery mode to restore your device in these cases:

• iTunes doesn't recognize your device or says it's in recovery mode.
  • You see the Apple logo onscreen for several minutes with no progress bar.
  • You see the Connect to iTunes screen.

Learn what to do if you see the progress bar onscreen for several minutes.

To put your device into recovery mode, follow these steps:

1. Turn off your device and leave it off.
  2. Plug in your device's USB cable to a computer with iTunes.
  3. Hold down the Home button on your device as you connect the USB cable. Keep holding down the Home button until you see the Connect to iTunes screen.
    User uploaded file
  4. When you see this screen, release the Home button. If you don't see this screen, try steps 1 through 3 again.

When your device is connected, iTunes will open. You'll see a message saying that iTunes has detected an iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch in recovery mode.

User uploaded file

Use iTunes to restore your device. Restoring in recovery mode will erase your device. If you previously synced with iTunes or iCloud, you might be able to restore from your backup.

Take care,

IOS 8.4 issue

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.