Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Transfer Keynote media to imovie-clip image issues

Transferred a Keynote clip to iMovie and the result shows the Keystone clip doesn't fit the screen same as photos and video clips.

iMac, OS X Yosemite (10.10.3)

Posted on Jul 21, 2015 2:04 PM

6 replies

Jul 22, 2015 11:44 AM in response to braughman

I already saved it thru Quicktime, (.mov) is there a way to save as or convert it?

No.

Set up slide size and then export from Keynote with 1920 x 1080 or 1280 x 720 pixels using Prorez CODEC in custom settings

If you need to match the Keynote export with other clips in iMovie you will need to get that information in the iMovie project settings information inspector.

Jul 22, 2015 12:29 PM in response to Gary Scotland

Thanks. My problem is I'm not real computer literate compared to someone younger. I'm 70 and trying to find my way thru this maze. Going on the web I see that Prores Codec is a download from Apple, correct? If I understand this right with that I can correct the Keystone clip to a correct pixel size. But tried to find "inspector" in iMovie w/o luck. Sorry but where do i find that?

Jul 22, 2015 2:11 PM in response to braughman

Going on the web I see that Prores Codec is a download from Apple, correct?

Prorez is built in to the Mac operating system, no need to download.

If I understand this right with that I can correct the Keystone clip to a correct pixel size.

No.

You specify to use Prores when making the settings when exporting from Keynote. You must set the correct pixel size of the slides before creating the presentation in Keynote, see below:

the complete workflow will be:

1. in Keynote, start a new presentation; File New
  2. set the slide size; to 1280 x 720 pixels in: Inspector > Document > Document > Slide Size

User uploaded file

3. create the presentation; by adding shapes, text and effects.

4. export to Prores; File > Export > Quicktime > Format > Custom

User uploaded file

5. Import the exported Quicktime file into iMovie

(click on any of the screen shots to enlage)

Transfer Keynote media to imovie-clip image issues

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.