Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Using iPhone at Crimea (RUSSIA)/(UKRAINA)

Does anyone have a clue at all what have happened in Crimea, (Old Ukraina, now Russia)

Why cant my iphone 6 get signal there at all? When i use it in Russia, there is no problem at all - but at Crimea, apple have blocked the possibility to get signal.

I went in to Crimea for several days, and lost signal. When i got back out of Crimea, i got signal straight back.

Is that even legal? i mean - i have bought a product, and i expect it to work as it should!

Thanks for your answers...

iPhone 6

Posted on Jul 21, 2015 2:52 PM

4 replies

Oct 7, 2015 2:46 PM in response to Bovesen

I just returned from a holiday at Crimea (Yalta, Sevastopol, Simferopol).

I have not been able to connect to any mobile network when using a SIM card from an EU country.

However, when using my Russian SIM card both the iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus worked fine.

I think that your mobile operator does not allow to sign in at Crimea due to the sanctions. Since those sanctions only affect Crimea, within the rest of Russia your SIM Card works fine.

Using iPhone at Crimea (RUSSIA)/(UKRAINA)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.