Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Sending midi channel output to a audio Channel

Hello Gentlemen,

I have this issue with sending my midi channel output to an audio input.

I am trying to use autotune in one of my audio channels , but I would like to use my midi keyboard to control or direct autotune .

As far as I know , I have to send the output of a midi channel to an audio channel input ( where my vocal track is ) to be able to control or direct my autotune.

I searched everywhere but I can't find the section, which I can send my midi channel output to a audio channel.

Dose anyone know how to send the output of a midi channel to an audio channel.

Or anybody else has an idea , how to control ( tell autotune what notes to use for correction) autotune , using a midi channel.

I also work with Ableton Live9 , in Ableton Live9 , all I have to do is select midi out and then I can choose any audio channel to route it to .

Logic Pro X, iOS 8.1.2, 16gb of memory

Posted on Jul 21, 2015 4:35 PM

8 replies

Jul 21, 2015 7:27 PM in response to QaderEshpari

The concept in Logic is different than in Ableton. Virtually any Parameter on a Channel Strip and any of the Plugins (and Smart Controls) can be controlled externally and therefore also automated. You can use a dedicated hardware Control Surface to assign their controls to those parameters or use a standard MIDI Controller to control specific MIDI messages sent from that MIDI controller to control any of the parameters.

Automation Quick Access

This is a neat little feature in Logic where you assign one external MIDI controller (i.e. a slider on your MIDI Keyboard) and whatever parameter you select in the Automation Parameter Menu will be controlled by that external controller. This is very flexible.

All the settings are done in the Controller Assignments Window (under the Logic Pro X Menu)

You have to see if you can use that for your purpose with the Autotune Plugin.

Hope that helps

Edgar Rothermich - LogicProGEM.com

(Author of the "Graphically Enhanced Manuals")

http://DingDingMusic.com/Manuals/

'I may receive some form of compensation, financial or otherwise, from my recommendation or link.'

Jul 22, 2015 4:42 PM in response to EdgarRothermich

Hello,

Many thanks Edgar for your explanations , but unfortunately I couldn't find my way to solve this problem , but I did find " Controller Assignments " but I couldn't figure it out .

if you can please explain exactly how I can do this, I'll be very grateful to you.

Again in my Antares Autotune7 , there is are 2 buttons " Target notes via Midi and Learn scale from Midi "

Either one of them I can use.

Jul 23, 2015 11:49 AM in response to QaderEshpari

The Controller Assignments window is an advanced feature that requires some deeper knowledge in Logic. I explain all that in my second Logic book "Logic Pro X - The Details".

As I mentioned before, I would use the "Automation Quick Access" feature, which is easier to use. Here is an excerpt from my book that shows you how to set it up. You can also choose the "Enable Automation Quick Access" command in the Mix menu, that triggers the same procedure.

User uploaded file

Hope that helps

Edgar Rothermich - LogicProGEM.com

(Author of the "Graphically Enhanced Manuals")

http://DingDingMusic.com/Manuals/

'I may receive some form of compensation, financial or otherwise, from my recommendation or link.'

Jul 28, 2015 6:03 PM in response to EdgarRothermich

Hello Edgar,

from what I learned from your last reply " Automation Quick Access " is allowing us to assign certain hardware or keys to change certain parameters or functions in Logic Pro X or any information sending from an external midi device can be assigned to change numbers or some parameters.

But I don't see , how I can control an audio track with a midi device .

If you know , let me know please.

Thanks.

Jul 28, 2015 10:19 PM in response to QaderEshpari

Just go to Google and search using this: How to use MIDI with Autotune

You used to have to do it like this: It may be different In Logic X

Put AutoTune on a different INSTRUMENT track, (ie. open AutoTune as a VI) and use 'side chain' to make the track you want to correct the "INPUT".

This is an awkward workaround, but until Logic catches up with the rest of the DAW's out there, this is the way it has to be done.

And while some may get by with Logic's pitch corrector, AutoTune is much more advanced and powerful, especially when you get into drawing your own correction curves in the 'graphic' mode.

Jul 29, 2015 7:14 PM in response to Pancenter

🙂

Thank You Edgar and Pancenter ,

My Problem is solved finally ,

After reading your post PanCenter and

as you mentioned, I googled what you said and luckily I found what I was looking for on the first click..

I am gonna share it with you all , maybe someone some day comes across the same issue , here it's

I am gonna leave the actual link , incase ..

http://www.logicprohelp.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=177118

User uploaded fileby methaneman99 » Mon Aug 11, 2008 11:40 pm

1. Create a new software instrument track

2. For the input source, choose Auto-Tune from "AU Midi Controlled Effects"

3. At the top right corner you should see the Side Chain Pull down menu. Choose your input source

4. To prevent the original audio from being heard, set the output of that audio track to "No Output"

5. To enable midi control, select "Target Notes via MIDI" in the Auto Tune window

The software instrument track acts as the midi input to Auto Tune.

Let me know if you need more help!

-Aaron

*Note: The side chain option for Auto Tune only appears when it is chosen from "AU Midi Controlled Effects"

User uploaded file
methaneman99

Edgar , I just wanted to share what I've experienced or learned from what you posted ,just for the sake of our conversations.

Like I've mentioned before, when you said " it requires some deeper knowledge in Logic" I got kind of scared , but in reality , I think I had the tools to understand

what is going on using or dealing with " Automation Quick Access " of course after reading your posts.

I think I did understand almost every parameter's job within AQA , but sadly I did not find or I believe, there's such a way to do what I was looking for , on the other hand

if you knew or wanted to leave a brief instructions on " How to do this " would be great to know that there's a way to do it using AQA , but still thank you for taking your time to reply.

Sending midi channel output to a audio Channel

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.