Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Firewire Target Disk Mode HELP!

I got my powerpc imac back from repairs...now I need to do a firewire transfer between a intel imac to a powerpc imac...but I failed...anyone can help?

IMAC G5 REV. B || IMAC G5 Intel Duo Core, Mac OS X (10.4.8)

Posted on Oct 31, 2006 5:57 AM

9 replies

Dec 11, 2006 8:08 AM in response to Wynx

I want to transfer files from my G5 to my Intel MacBook, and while I gather, from the previous post, that I should make my G5 the target computer, in my mind (what there is of it) I keep thinking the MacBook would be the target computer since it is the target for the files I want to deliver to it. Does that part matter?

Also, are there any terrible things that can go wrong with such a transfer? I have a weak heart. . . . 8-)

G5 Mac OS X (10.3.9) / Intel MacBook / Mac OS X 10.4.8

Dec 11, 2006 10:34 PM in response to Jo Slade

'Piggybacking' an unrelated question on a thread is called 'threadjacking' & is discouraged both by Apple & by frequent posters. This is because it is difficult to address multiple issues in one thread without confusion & because your question, buried as a response to the original post, will not get the individual attention it deserves.
For best results, post your issue in a thread you create, using a descriptive subject line that makes it clear your issue is with garbled attachments, & a message that provides details of the problem(s) you have encountered & the steps (if any) you have taken to resolve them.
All this is spelled out in the "Help & Terms of Use" link, available from any Discussions page.

User uploaded file

Dec 12, 2006 5:51 AM in response to Dah•veed

This thread is about firewire target disk mode help.

My question is about firewire target disk mode help.

As such, if it is 'piggybacking' or 'threadjacking', we're obviously not in Kansas anymore.

Once again - in a thread about firewire target disk mode help - does the target disk need to be the disk that will receive the data or does it matter?

Firewire Target Disk Mode HELP!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.