Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

A problem with my G-Drive back up disc

i have had a G-Drive 1 TB back up disc for about 6 months. Now, somehow, when I go to find something on it, I cannot access the drive. The ikons for the drive are no longer on the desktop. The error message says, " Your Time Machine Back up disc can't be found". What can i do to resolve the problem, and get my external hard drive working again?

iMac, OS X Yosemite (10.10)

Posted on Jul 21, 2015 3:41 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 21, 2015 4:10 PM

First try resetting the SMC and PRAM 2-3 times each, then see if they drive can be seen.

iMac SMC and PRAM reset

7 replies

Jul 29, 2015 2:39 AM in response to rkaufmann87

I have checked some information on this drive.........The hard drive powers up......it also is physically connected to the computer.......but it does not show an ikon for Time Machine on the desktop, and says, "Backup Disk can't be found" in the error box when I try to open it. Here again I have tried the Pram and SMC resets as you had said.....

A problem with my G-Drive back up disc

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.