Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My iphone 5 charging port needs to be replace. Can I do it myself and can I get the parts?

I tried cleaning the port w/a toothpick and it did work for a couple months after. However recently doing it the same method did not work. I've used electrical contact spray and light air to cleaning it out w/ limited success. Using various lightning cord does not help. What did work recently is a liquid glass cleaner but it is still a touch & go situation and therefore I would like to attempt to replace the entire charging port myself. Where can I purchase a new charging port ? Is this a good idea to do it myself for the local APPLE store is always busy and I hate to be w/out a phone. I am willing to purchase a new phone instead if the cost to repair and wait is more than $200.00 and more than 1 day to get it fix.

iPhone 5, iOS 8.4

Posted on Jul 21, 2015 3:26 PM

3 replies

My iphone 5 charging port needs to be replace. Can I do it myself and can I get the parts?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.