Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

my iPad screen not longer rotates when I change the iPad position

iPad Mini, iOS 8.3

Posted on Jul 21, 2015 3:18 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 21, 2015 4:03 PM

Have you checked to see if orientation lock is on? Open Control Center by sliding up with one finger starting from below the bottom of the home screen. The orientation lock control is in the top row and looks like a lock partially surrounded by a circular arrow. If it is on, a smaller version of the same icon will be in the menu bar at the very top of the screen. If that control doesn't show in the control center, then you have set it to be done via the switch on the side. See Settings > General > Use Side Switch for.

Note the above is for a 3rd generation iPad and may be different on an iPad Mini.

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 21, 2015 4:03 PM in response to sauttebl

Have you checked to see if orientation lock is on? Open Control Center by sliding up with one finger starting from below the bottom of the home screen. The orientation lock control is in the top row and looks like a lock partially surrounded by a circular arrow. If it is on, a smaller version of the same icon will be in the menu bar at the very top of the screen. If that control doesn't show in the control center, then you have set it to be done via the switch on the side. See Settings > General > Use Side Switch for.

Note the above is for a 3rd generation iPad and may be different on an iPad Mini.

Sep 30, 2015 10:32 AM in response to jillymac22

I am having the same problem but it is more complex than just not turning. Whichever orientation I have the pad when I bring it up, that's the way it stays until I run an app that can change orientation. That will work fine but when I return to springboard, the main screen, it will be at that orientation and not move. When on the log in screen the text and controls will change orientation but not the desktop picture. This is in 9.0.1. in 9.0 the text and icons would rotate but not the desktop picture. I am hoping this is a bug to be fixed soon but I can't find any mention of this problem post iOS9 except for this one. Should I assume not everyone has this problem?

And yes, I have tried all the usual solutions.

MRM

Oct 10, 2015 6:05 AM in response to jillymac22

I have the same problem, but for me it only appears to affect the Kindle app in book reading mode. everything else is fine, and the library page of the kindle app is fine. I have tried shutting down the iPad, resetting the settings and several suggestions offered on the Amazon support pages. While not a major inconvenience, I prefer to read my books in landscape two-page mode as it feels more natural.

and suggestions greatfully received.

Peter Young

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.