Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't remove website data

On my Macbook Pro, using Maverick, 10.9.5, I am unable to remove my website data under Privacy settings in Safari.

It looks at first that it removes the data, but then all 532 datas show back up. I emptied the cache, History, then Website data again (4 times in all) but same thing, it all comes back within a few seconds. I have to log into my websites again even with the 532 datas still there. I'm dumfounded. I also have tried quitting Safari and opening it back up. Here is a screenshot taken right after all the data was removed and it looked empty until this popped back up.

PS My info on the Macbook looks like I'm using Yosemite but I'm not, I'm back to my old partition using Maverick.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks, Martha

User uploaded file

MacBook Pro, OS X Yosemite (10.10.3), 8 GB

Posted on Jul 21, 2015 5:03 PM

10 replies

Mar 30, 2017 5:54 AM in response to marthafromlas cruces

Take cursor on top menu bar > click on history .

User uploaded file

Scroll down in the last of the column you will see History , click on it , window will appear as shown in the second screen shot .

Click on drop down arrow , choose all history & click on clear history , entire old cookies & back history will be deleted .

User uploaded file

Also , in block cookies & other website data : check the box from third parties and advertisers .

Jul 21, 2015 8:11 PM in response to marthafromlas cruces

After you remove website data instead of just quitting Safari, restart your Mac then check Safari > Preferences > Privacy.

Ask websites not to track you: Some websites keep track of your browsing activities when they serve you content, which enables them to tailor what they present to you. You can have Safari ask sites and their third party content providers (including advertisers) not to track you.With this option turned on, each time Safari fetches content from a website, Safari adds a request not to track you, but it’s up to the website to honor this request.

There are alternative browsers such as Firefoxor Chromewhen it comes to cookie management.

Jul 28, 2015 8:49 AM in response to Eric Root

Thanks, Eric, I just did. When I went to remove website data, the number was down to 303 so I figured this would work. But as soon I removed the data (6 times!) it would go blank and then back to 519. I took a picture of just a few of the datas of the 500 plus that I have never been able to remove even individually. Here is that photo. I don't even recognize what they are except for one. User uploaded file

Can't remove website data

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.