Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

"Ghost" backup data on my iCloud Account

Hi,

I'm having this issue since I upgraded my iMac 27'' (late 2013) to Yosemite, and my iPhone 5 to iOS 8.

I have the 20GB data storage plan, and a while ago, my iPhone, and my iMac shows that I have 9,8GB of "Backups" on my iCloud account. The fact is, that I have no backups on iCloud. I used to, though.

Anyway, when I go to "Manage…", it says I have 0 KB of Backups, both in the iCloud preference pane and in the iPhone iCloud settings menu.

I had some problems with my iCloud account, that lead me to disable the entire iCloud Photos library and wait 30 days until the data was deleted (well, I'm still waiting. Two days to go!), and that was because 8GB of "ghost" photos were listed on my iCloud account, but not on my iPhone Photos App, neither on the Mac's Photos app. The Mac Photos app was downloading that ghost photos, though, I could access them opening the Photos Library's "Masters" folder from Finder, but I couldn't get rid of them, they kept downloading without appearing on the App, so I decided to just disable iCloud Photos and wait.

This time, though, I can't just "disable" iCloud Backups. I've already disabled them on my iPhone, and I don't have any other iDevice. I don't know what to do, seriously. I thought about tinkering with the public betas of OS X and iOS, but they didn't solve anything.

So… I'm lost. Any advice?

I'll leave here two screenshots.

My iCloud Preference Pane

My iCloud Preference Pane, part two.

They are in Spanish, as I'm from Spain.

"Copias" and "Copia de seguridad" stands for "Backup(s)".

Kind regards,

Alberto Salazar

iMac (27-inch, Late 2013), OS X Yosemite (10.10.4), null

Posted on Jul 21, 2015 6:31 PM

7 replies

"Ghost" backup data on my iCloud Account

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.