Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to get educational discount in Canada but university in US?

How do I get educational discount if I am in Canada and university is in the United States?

I attend an American University that only requires a certain amount of on-campus time, so I live in Canada and attend a university in the US full time?

thx!

iPhone 6, iOS 8.4

Posted on Jul 21, 2015 9:52 PM

4 replies

Jul 21, 2015 9:56 PM in response to ElizavB

You can't. The discount requires that you be enrolled in a university where you plan to use the discount. Therefore, it is not applicable in Canada unless you are enrolled in a Canadian institution.

I, too, am in Canada where I purchased a new iMac. They would not accept my US college ID (and I am US faculty.)

Jul 22, 2015 6:56 AM in response to ElizavB

A very good reason for this policy is it prevents a possible problem in the future - warranty service. Legal agreements (a warranty is one) are only valid under the Law of the Land where they are executed. You will spend most of the your time at school - thus the likelihood of any warranty service is greatest during that period.

A good plan might be to stop in the Apple Retail Store on your journey to school.

Online ordering is also restrictive in that it requires that the payment method residence address be IN the same country as the Online Store. It seems getting a local Bank might be on your agenda of things to do at the start of school, at which time you will get a Debit Card or Credit Card (3-5 business days to receive?). If you plan your trip and things to do 'on the way' well, you may be able to hold getting your Mac to a short period of time.

Good advice for life - Plan Your Work... Work Your Plan.

How to get educational discount in Canada but university in US?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.