Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iBook hangs after upgrade to iOS 8.4

iPhone 5, 16Gb, iOS 8.4

Since iOS 8.4 audiobooks moved to iBooks applications. After upgrade to iOS 8.4 my iBook bacame to hangs.

I open iBooks to listen audiobook. Applcation opens main window, after inhibits and hangs. It is not possible to select books. During inhibition iPhone works with wi-fi network, the wait icon is appear on the top center part of the screen. After hang iPhone show main iOS window, but iBook still in memory. It is can to understand if scroll applications in memory by double clicking home button. And iPhone become hot, and battery begin fast to discharged.

If try to make four or more attempts to open iBook app to listen audiobook, it is possible. So now I spend about 20 minutes to start play audiobook :-) for one time.

iPhone 5, iOS 8.4, 16Gb

Posted on Jul 22, 2015 12:13 AM

7 replies

Jul 22, 2015 12:51 AM in response to alekv

Hi.

In order to fix the issue with iBooks:

Try to reset your device. This won't delete your data stored on the phone.

• Press and hold the Sleep/Wake button
  • Press and hold on the Home button
  • Keep holding both buttons until the display turns off and back on with Apple logo on it.

You may also try to reset all settings: go to Settings - General - Reset - Reset All Settings

Try to follow the instructions on this page in order to maximise your battery life: https://www.apple.com/batteries/maximizing-performance/

http://www.idigitaltimes.com/ios-82-battery-life-problems-how-fix-quick-drain-is sues-iphone-ipad-and-ipod-422229

You may also try to follow these steps:

1. Navigate to settings/general/ battery usage. Check the applications. This will show you which app eats up your battery.

2. Turn off iCloud keychain: Navigate to Settings/ iCloud/Keychain / turn it off.

3. Limit apps activity on the background: Navigate to Settings/ general/ Background App refresh/ turn it off for each application which uses to much power.

4. Disable auto brightness: Navigate to settings/ display and brightness/ auto-brightness. Turn this option off.

Aug 25, 2015 4:41 PM in response to flashkube2

Further Report:

The reset seemed to help for a good while.

Then I went off to do some other things for 30 minutes or so, and when I returned to the iPad, the same old iBooks problem was there.

Back to the drawing board.

Am certainly hoping this is some sort of IOS bug as I am at a loss as to what else to do.

Was going to delete the iBooks app and reload it, but apparently that is no longer possible.

Any other ideas out there?

Aug 25, 2015 6:08 PM in response to Rex Ross

I agree. Reset only helped for a short while. It's really annoying to have to reset my phone every time I want to open iBooks. I've also noticed the same problem with the Podcast app. It hangs after awhile. I wonder if it's related to the latest iOS 8.4.1? I didn't experience this problem before the update and I use iBooks daily. I've had to open my books in Kobo app to read now =[

iBook hangs after upgrade to iOS 8.4

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.