Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My ipod 5 keeps crashing when it connects to wifi

I have had my iPod for about 3 years already. It is shattered from the top (around where the camera is) and the home button doesn't work. Other than that my iPod works perfectly fine, it still works how I want it to and i haven't had any problems until now. I was helping my mom fold some clothes that we took to the laundry, and I had a cup of water in my hand with my iPod. She accidentally bumped into me and she dropped water through my shirt and only a drop of water fell on my iPod. So I just wiped it off and didn't pay much attention to it. When we came home I waited for my iPod to connect to the wifi and all of a sudden the screen turned colorful and crashed. After that it turned on by its self, it connected to wifi and it crashed again. So i decided to turn it off and turn it on but it still did the same thing. I don't know what to do.

iPod touch, iOS 8.4

Posted on Jul 21, 2015 11:43 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 21, 2015 11:52 PM

Unfortunately iPod is not waterproof. You are lucky one if it still works after contact with water. Usually devices and water do not mix and water damage is not covered by warranty. Even one drop of any kind of liquid may damage your iPod. The best option is to schedule a genius appointment at theApple Store

as to appraise the level of damages. They will offer you the best solution. Good luck.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 21, 2015 11:52 PM in response to ashleygxmez

Unfortunately iPod is not waterproof. You are lucky one if it still works after contact with water. Usually devices and water do not mix and water damage is not covered by warranty. Even one drop of any kind of liquid may damage your iPod. The best option is to schedule a genius appointment at theApple Store

as to appraise the level of damages. They will offer you the best solution. Good luck.

Jul 22, 2015 1:35 AM in response to ashleygxmez

Try drying the iPod is a sealed container with a desiccant, uncooked rice works, for a few days.

If still problem

Apple will exchange your iPod for a refurbished one for $99 for 16 GB 5G and $149 for the other 5Gs. They do not fix yours.

Apple - iPod Repair price

You can do it at an Apple store by making an appointment:

Apple Retail Store - Genius Bar

or send it in to Apple. See:

Service Answer Center - iPod

My ipod 5 keeps crashing when it connects to wifi

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.