Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Downgrading iTunes

Ok, so I downgraded from the latest version of iTunes 12.2.1 to 10.7 but unfortunately when I download a purchased TV Show to my library, iTunes keeps asking me to authorise my computer over and over again and won't allow me to view my downloaded TV Show. I have tried reauthorising and reauthorising my computer with no success.

Any ideas on how to fix this issue?

iMac, OS X Mavericks (10.9.1)

Posted on Jul 22, 2015 4:41 AM

7 replies

Jul 22, 2015 7:34 AM in response to jamiecur93

Not Apple doing it. They would find it inconceivable anybody would want to downgrade from the newest and best. However, downgrading is complicated because iTunes installs things all over the place. If you miss one piece then suddenly you are running a 1964 Mustang car with a 2015 fuel injector (no such thing as fuel injectors back in 1964) in place of a carburetor.

Did you try all the other things in that help article or did you only do what I had copied and pasted from somewhere?

Jul 22, 2015 8:43 AM in response to jamiecur93

Movies and TV shows, unlike music, require a computer be authorized to your account to play. They still have DRM protection to ensure the media is being played on a piece of equipment you own. Something in that process is not working. Sometimes it is the media file that is corrupt so when iTunes checks back the machine authorization and file don't match because the file information is bad. If you have downloaded the file again then likely it isn't corrupt a second time (though it might be worth trying to play other movies or TV shows you have from Apple) and it is something else in the process that is breaking down. This is where troubleshooting is tricky because downgrading is susceptible to not being done completely. I can't really provide more help, sorry. You may wish to do a general web search about this issue (that's basically what I do in answering 75% of the questions I solve here 🙂 )

Downgrading iTunes

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.