Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is there anyway to return an ipad to its owner?

What would I look in to find the owner info?

Posted on Jul 22, 2015 4:31 AM

16 replies

Aug 23, 2015 8:48 PM in response to bobseufert

bobseufert wrote:

I believe it works if the iPad is locked. The weak link would be if it's connected to wifi. Which just so happens to be the weak link of "find my phone."

If it does, I would hope this is "only" a very serious bug and will be addressed by Apple as it certainly wouldn't make me feel that my iPad is safe while locked if stolen or lost.

Aug 23, 2015 10:37 PM in response to bobseufert

Well, I'm not that trusting - I believe it would result in more people "gaining" an iPad free of charge if it was stolen (after all, why else would a thief steal it??).

And, yes, I tried (holding down Home Button and asking Siri who own this iPad) - no response whatsoever (which is a very good thing since I don't have Siri enabled and "me" is a contact called "AAAAAAAAAA". Enabling Siri did not change anything: Siri did not respond when asked who owns this iPad while locked. Asking Siri after it was unlocked produced her reply that it was owned by AAAAAAAAA.

So, at least on mine it does not work, which makes me feel much better!

Is there anyway to return an ipad to its owner?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.