Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I have the latest version of safari (8.0.7) and websites still tell me to upgrade.

Basically that, I have Yosemite and all of it's updates on my MacBook and I am still having troubles and issues with different sites not seeing that I have the latest version of Safari.

I can't even goto Apple's website and download extensions because Apple.com doesn't see that I have the latest version.

MacBook (13-inch Mid 2009), Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Jul 22, 2015 8:20 AM

7 replies

Jul 31, 2015 4:25 PM in response to doravec88

1. From the Safari menu bar, select

Safari Preferences... Extensions

If there's an extension with the name "Fast Browser Search" or similar, remove it.

2. Back up all data before continuing.

Please triple-click anywhere in the line below on this page to select it:

defaults delete -app Safari CustomUserAgent

Copy the selected text to the Clipboard by pressing the key combination command-C.

Quit Safari if it's running.

Launch the built-in Terminal application in any of the following ways:

☞ Enter the first few letters of its name into a Spotlight search. Select it in the results (it should be at the top.)

☞ In the Finder, select Go Utilities from the menu bar, or press the key combination shift-command-U. The application is in the folder that opens.

☞ Open LaunchPad and start typing the name.

Paste into the Terminal window by pressing the key combination command-V. I've tested these instructions only with Safari. If you use another browser, you may have to press the return key after pasting.

Wait for a new line ending in a dollar sign ($) to appear below what you entered. You can then quit Terminal. Test.

I have the latest version of safari (8.0.7) and websites still tell me to upgrade.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.