Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

*WORLDS HARDEST MAC ISSUE* - *ONLY RUNNING WIN 7 + ERRORS!!!*

I NEED HELP!!!!

Installed through bootcamp: Windows 7 - Partitioned 108GBs for Windows side.

One day it only booted into Windows 7, and the Option key was not working to load my choice between my Windows or Mac Partition.

I loaded Disk Management on my Windows, and deleted the OS X partition of my drive APPROX 200GBs, in thought that I might just reinstall OS X. It said that all of the available space for that drive was free and unused, so I thought Windows might have somehow already deleted the files on the Mac side. So anyway I deleted that partition, but it still won’t boot from USB, Disc, or otherwise.

I tried every mac boot key sequence I could to get it to boot to CD or USB and nothing works.

I tried finding a bios in the windows side or any windows boot sequence to boot to USB or CD and that doesn’t work either.

I tried installing a boot loader, but it failed to install on the windows side.

I tried installing bootcamp drivers and it failed saying:”boot camp x64 is unsupported on this computer model”

I tried the workaround by installing bootcamp through the windows cmd prompt.

That ended up giving me the blue screen of death upon reboot, and continued to happen until I used Windows Startup Repair to restore my system to an earlier date.

I have no BIOS (mac or windows), and seemingly nothing that tells this computer its a Mac.

Short of taking off the screen and replacing the drive, what can I do to erase my windows partition, and only have mac installed?

iMac, Windows 7

Posted on Jul 22, 2015 8:56 AM

7 replies

Jul 22, 2015 10:35 AM in response to TheoBGibbs

SOLVED!!!

Haha, that was easy, as soon as I listed my problem, within two hours I mentally figured it all out.

I just had to write it out, and think of other possible solutions.

I went back into Disc Management through the start menu search on Windows 7.

Re-Allocated my 180gb of unused disc space as ExFat.

Upon restart, I held "Option" and let me choose my Mac HD, all my files were still there, and I was GTG!

🙂 Now I can boot into either no problem.

Windows just needed to recognize the Mac partition as ExFat so it could run both smoothly. And above is how I did it.

PS. No one at any Apple Store, Best Buy, Online, Etc. Could give me that super simple answer in the time I have been cramming trying to figure this out.

*WORLDS HARDEST MAC ISSUE* - *ONLY RUNNING WIN 7 + ERRORS!!!*

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.