Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cannot play more than two notes at once in garageband for acoustic guitar only

I never had this problem since i got my maudio keyboard controller two weeks ago. Today I was messing around with my sound settings and now I can't get triads to work when I set the instrument to acoustic guitar. I also can't get it to work on all the guitar instruments. I tried moving the garageband folder under application support to my desktop and that didn't work. I would appreciate any input on how to get it working again.

GarageBand (Mac) '11, OS X Yosemite (10.10.4)

Posted on Jul 22, 2015 11:20 AM

3 replies

Jul 24, 2015 9:06 PM in response to Ferberb

You have to do a little more trouble shooting:

• Do the other Instruments work properly or is it only the Guitar folder?
  • Is the problem with one Project or with any Project.
  • Can you create manually triads (enter notes with pencil) in the MIDI Editor and see if the Patch plays all notes?
  • When you play a chords, does the Control Bar Display show the correct chord, it follows the MIDI input?

User uploaded file

Hope that helps

Edgar Rothermich - LogicProGEM.com

(Author of the "Graphically Enhanced Manuals")

http://DingDingMusic.com/Manuals/

'I may receive some form of compensation, financial or otherwise, from my recommendation or link.'

Jul 25, 2015 5:45 AM in response to EdgarRothermich

This is a problem for all projects even after reinstalling Garageband multiple times and restoring its folders. As I said before, it is only with instruments in the Guitar folder. The chords work fine, its just that the sound and the outline/region only shows/plays one note at a time. The MIDI scores look fine, but the notes will not sound together when I play it back.

Cannot play more than two notes at once in garageband for acoustic guitar only

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.