Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Duet One (firewire) to Macbook Air (Thunderbolt)

I recently purchased a new Macbook Air. It only has USB and Thunderbolt ports. Not firewire ports. However, the interface that I am going to use for Mainstage has wirefire. How do I go from this wirefire on the interface (Duet one) to my thunderbolt on the MacBook Air?

Thank you for your time.

MainStage

Posted on Jul 22, 2015 1:24 PM

9 replies

Jul 23, 2015 8:47 AM in response to Kappy

Hi

Kappy wrote:

Did you need the FW800 to FW400 adapter? If not, then don't use it. If the Thunderbolt to FW adapter did not work, then the Duet may not work with the newer computer model.

You have neglected to point out the bus power limitations of the TB to FW adaptor. Possibly this is the cause of the OP's issue?

To the OP:

Does the Mac make a noise if you set the MS audio preferences to Built-In?

CCT

Jul 23, 2015 10:56 AM in response to south0085

Hi

"Bus Power" means supplying power to an external device such as the Duet along the Firewire ( or USB or Thunderbolt) cable without the need for an external power supply of the device.

The Thunderbolt to FW800 adaptor is limited to 7W only which *may* not be enough for the Duet.

CCT

"

Product Information

Easily connect your Thunderbolt-equipped Mac to a FireWire device with the Apple Thunderbolt to FireWire Adapter. Small and compact, it connects to the Thunderbolt port on your Mac computer, giving you a FireWire 800 port that supplies up to 7W for bus-powered peripherals like hard drives and audio devices."

CCT

Duet One (firewire) to Macbook Air (Thunderbolt)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.