Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

10.10.4 update appears to have made the intermittent Thunderbolt monitor black screen problem much worse. Has anyone else experienced this?3.

I have a 27" Thunderbolt screen with the well documented intermittent black screen problem. Once 10.10.4 update installed the problem went from happening infrequently, happening every other day or so and being fixed easily, to the monitor not staying on for more than a couple minutes. It's been a day but the monitor is now basically unusable. I've noticed the plug gets hotter than it did before. Has anyone else had this problem or found a solution?

MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Early 2013), OS X Yosemite (10.10.4)

Posted on Jul 22, 2015 3:09 PM

3 replies

Jul 27, 2015 12:14 PM in response to tbirdvet

I did try that on the first day the problem happened. It kept happening, I put the display on it's own surge protector so I could easily switch the power off to it. I tried the cmd+option+P+R, startup sequence as well as holding D during startup to initiate a hardware scan, but that showed no problems. The problem has has subsided somewhat, it's less frequent than it was right after the update but still happens at a similar frequency as it did before the update. I have no real idea which procedure helped.

10.10.4 update appears to have made the intermittent Thunderbolt monitor black screen problem much worse. Has anyone else experienced this?3.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.