Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I revert to iTunes on my iOS devices? Apple Music was forced on me by the iOS 8.4 update and I hate it.

How to revert to iTunes form Apple Music on iOS devices (Macbook Pro, iPhone 6 and iPad 3)

Posted on Jul 22, 2015 1:39 PM

10 replies

Nov 21, 2018 12:05 AM in response to ElleEmsey

never had any problems playing purchased music, its not coming from apple music "I was offered the option to 'make available offline' music that I owned and that was formerly installed on my devices and accessible whenever I wanted them"

Jul 22, 2015 1:54 PM in response to ElleEmsey

I'm thinking the answers gonna be a no.

What don't you like?

I've had a few issues, but nothing I hate enough to revert back. Plus I've seen ways on several tech blogs detailing how to minimize most of the new Apple Music functions if that what really irks you.

http://iphone.appleinsider.com/articles/15/06/30/how-to-hide-the-apple-music-sub scription-service-get-back-playlists-parent-menu-in-ios-84

Jul 22, 2015 9:03 PM in response to Silver Dawn

I Agree. I have never been so disappointed with Apple. I use my phone mainly for MY music. Now most the app is geared for a service I must pa more for. How do I simply shuffle my music without jumping through hoops? The app is entirely for Apple music. I have slacker and rdio for free and am happy with it. Give me a free option or let me live within my library

I hope there is an update in the way...

in the meantime I am hunting for another music player app....

Jul 23, 2015 2:13 AM in response to cabal28

Thanks much for the link. Helpful.

There are many things that I don't like, starting with the fact that I couldn't play my own music after the upgrade! And whenever I clicked on one of my songs, I was offered the option to "make available offline" music that I owned and that was formerly installed on my devices and accessible whenever I wanted them. What kind of music service blocks access to its customers property? what made matters worse was the fact that I was on an airplane when I made this charming discovery and did not have access to the Internet. Apple Music assumes that everyone has 24/7 internet access. I don't know what planet it's developers live on, but that isn't how the planet I live on works. I'm afraid I'm not impressed by a service that denies you access to your own property in exchange for a paid subscription available only via Internet. So if you don't have Internet, then you won't have music. No thanks!

How do I revert to iTunes on my iOS devices? Apple Music was forced on me by the iOS 8.4 update and I hate it.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.