Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Macbook Pro stuck in boot loop

I tried to reboot my computer; which has been slow ever since I cleaned more than 150 GB of photos off my Macbook Pro (2012) (OSX 10.10) last week. I've been rebooting the computer frequently, as a passive aggressive response to the slow speed, but this evening when I rebooted my computer, I was greeted by this exquisitely inviting little guy. I've never seen this before, and it doesn't look too friendly! Has anyone else experienced this problem, what does it mean, and how'd you fix it?! PS I've tried to reboot twice since then, but it keeps happening again and again.. Any help would be greatly appreciated!! THANKS!

~TC~

User uploaded file

MacBook Pro 2012, 13.3", 500 GB Hard Drive, 4GB RAM,

MacBook Pro (13-inch Mid 2012), OS X Yosemite (10.10.1)

Posted on Jul 22, 2015 6:03 PM

1 reply

Jul 22, 2015 6:32 PM in response to teddyc212

Startup your Mac while holding down the Option key. That should prompt the Startup Manager window were you can select the startup disk then click Restart. If that won't work, a Safe Mode boot deletes system caches that may help.

Top left corner of your screen click the Apple > Shut Down.

After your Mac shuts down, wait 10 seconds, then press the power button.

Immediately after you hear the startup tone, hold down the Shift key. You should press the Shift key as soon as possible after you hear the startup tone, but not before.

Release the Shift key when you see the gray Apple logo and progress indicator.

Once you are in Safe Mode, go back to the Apple menu. From the drop down menu click: Restart

About Safe Mode

If a Safe Mode doesn't help, restore OS X using OS X Recovery.

message edited by: CS

Macbook Pro stuck in boot loop

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.